Who we areJoin the movement: take part in the nexgen workforce
We’re on a mission to help people everywhere explore and find their future career success.
Who are the nexgen workforce?
The definition of workforce has become a broader concept.
The nexgen workforce are future proofed professionals who are enthused about the future of work and the changes it will bring, and they are eager to embrace them.
This is our manifesto about the nexgen(eration) workforce.
The nexgen workforce …
- are curious life long learners and optimistic about the future of work.
- are aware of their social and environmental footprint.
- want a career that brings them ethical financial security.
- value fulfilment in life, both professional and personal.
- are committed in helping and supporting others in career fulfilment.
Learn more: The future of work and how it'll impact the workforce
The future of work is an exciting and ever-changing landscape. Technology and globalization are changing how we work, where we work, and the skills we need for employment. We need to stay ahead of the trends so that we are ready for what is to come.
Several factors will shape the future of work. These include:
- The rise of artificial intelligence and automation. These factors are already starting to change the way we work, with many jobs becoming automated.
- The gig economy, with more people working freelance or on a short-term contract basis. This flexibility can be beneficial for workers, but it also means that job security is lessened.
- The globalisation of the workforce. With the rise of the internet and advances in communication technology, businesses are increasingly operating on a global scale. Workers need to be able to operate in a global environment and have the skills to do so.
The skills needed for a job constantly change. Workers need to be lifelong learners, constantly upskilling and reskilling to stay ahead of the trends to future-proof careers.
These are just a few of the many factors that will shape the future of work. We need to be prepared for the changes that are coming so that we can take advantage of the opportunities they present.
The nexgen(eration) workforce is excited about these changes and is ready to embrace them. We are curious about the future of work. And you?
Nexgen Careers was initially launched in 2011 to bridge the work skills gap between education and the rapidly evolving world of work. Built on a foundation of innovative work based learning and creative career design Nexgen created global programs for students and educational institutes to develop critical work based skills.
In 2017 we decided to increase the scope of our support to work more inclusively with other groups that felt unprepared for the rapidly evolving world of work. Our portfolio of programing included support for career changers and underrepresented groups that required support in building confidence and skills needed to thrive in the future of work.
We realised there was a need to provide clarity around the future of work and empower people to make informed decisions about their careers. We all know the world of work is changing, and more and more people are struggling to find a job that fits their skills and interests.
We’re on a mission to help people everywhere explore and find their future careers. Will you join us?
We are a diverse team of professionals committed to create an inclusive future workforce where everyone can find success in their career.
Digital Business Designer
In my multiverse, I’m a marine biologist
Global and Sustainable Operations Lead
In my multiverse, I’m a travel and food writer.
Global & Digital Partnerships
In my multiverse, I’m a pop star.
Learning Space Guide
In my multiverse, I’m a photojournalist.
Learning Space Guide
In my multiverse, I’m an astronaut.
Career Architect Lead
In my multiverse, I’m a garden designer.
We collaborate with professionals from different industries